Beulah welcomes those new to Canada from around the world. Each week you will find classes that have been designed to welcome you, help you settle into Edmonton and find community.
You are invited to attend any and all that interest you. They are free! Volunteers are ready to welcome you, answer your questions and get to know you and your family.
Newcomers Community | Let us help you get settled here
- Are you new to Canada?
- We will help you in getting settled in Canada. Some areas we will discuss are: applying for a Social Insurance Number (SIN), opening a bank account, registering your kids in school, and learning about seasons and appropriate clothes for weather.
- Are you a newcomer in need of Job Assistance?
- We will teach you about different important aspects of applying for a job in Canada. This includes resume building, writing a cover letter, looking for a job and preparing for an interview. We will offer small group and individual assistance.
- Do you need help preparing for your Citizenship Test?
- We will cover what you need to learn from the Discover Canada book sent to you by Citizen and Immigration Canada. We can also help you to study for the test by providing you with an onsite tutor.
For dates, times, and locations click here. No appointment necessary.
ESL (Conversational English)
Meet new friends while learning English! This FREE course focuses on teaching conversational English about language, culture, and faith. Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced ESL courses available. All are welcome!
Register this Saturday, Jan. 21 from 5-6:30 pm at Beulah West Campus (click here for directions). The 2017 Winter Semester runs every Saturday from Jan. 28 – June 24.
WHEN: Saturdays, 5-6:30 pm
WHERE: Beulah West Campus
CONTACT: 780-486-4010 ext. 371
No classes on April 15th. On Feb. 4 & May 27, classes will be in the Atrium.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to serve in this area, please see our volunteer listings here.
Learn more about ImpactYEG